Responsible for all phases of assigned construction projects. With the Project Director, designs and implements project plans. The Sr. Project Manager will communicate directly with the owner/client, architect, engineers and other pertinent constituencies. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional are of responsibility. Resolve escalated issues, when required. This position reports to the Project Director.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contract Administration: Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies and procedures. Includes participating in bidding, preparing contract documents, defining and monitoring compliance with documentation requirements and with the submittal process, and securing all necessary permits and licenses.
- Cost Management: Manage all or part of the cost of a planning, design, and construction process to remain within the owner’s budget, including cost estimating, cost reporting, cost breakouts, pay requests, cash flow analysis, change orders and forecasts.
- Schedule Management: Monitor and manage the project schedule throughout the course of the project to ensure the project is completed in compliance with the contract terms. Includes identifying the major components of the project, their sequence and durations, review scheduling of subcontractors and deliveries, resolve time conflict issues.
- Staff Management: Manage project subordinates, including Project Engineer, Asst. Project Manager and/or project Manager and review all reports. Confer with General Superintendent to ensure appropriate field manpower scheduled.
- Safety Management: Ensure Project Superintendent is employing Company procedures to protect the health and safety of jobsite employees, visitors, and the general public.
- Client Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with long-standing clients through communication, client service and performance. May participate in contributing to the development of proposals/proposal materials and/or reviewing for accuracy.
- Must possess a B.S. in Construction Management, Civil or Structural Engineering, or Architecture; the equivalent combination of education and field experience will also be considered).
- Must have 10-15 years’ experience in the construction industry in ground-up commercial construction projects – large-scale, retail highly desirable.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (MS Project desirable), Primavera Project and Contract Management and BlueBeam.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, landscaping, and architectural plans as they relate to schedules, cost and performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with clients, owners, project professionals, field and office staff
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position with a very competitive salary + bonus variable, along with a full benefits program: Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) and paid holidays/time off.
Application: For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com.