The Project Superintendent will take charge to ensure that the work is performed in a safe, organized, and high-quality manner. Must be willing to travel.
The Project Superintendent will be responsible for supervising and directing activities of construction craftsmen within the scope of the trades onsite. Must be willing to travel.
- Using the contract scope of work, direct subcontractor activities;
- Analyze manpower and material equipment requirements, and coordinates and fulfills these;
- Manage the activities of the subcontractors, vendors, and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality of each work activity. Plan look-ahead schedules and maintain project schedule controls.
- Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Executive. Document onsite activities that may impede progress or compliance to the project
- Assist in reviewing change orders prior to execution with Project Executive. Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity. Coordinate inventory of all Owner-supplied materials.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner’s representative, architect, engineering team, and client by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings, and by understanding the client’s expectations.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports, as required, and keep the team informed on the progress of overall assigned activities;
- Ensure safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by the Subs/trades under him/her.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction experience as a Superintendent for projects within a broad range of commercial building markets.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects, if needed.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Civil engineering, or Architecture is preferred.
- Capable of maintaining and following a Critical Path project schedule.
- Highly proficient with MS Office and BlueBeam software; PlanGrid is desirable, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to maintain a current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications, and related items.
- Self-starter who strives for excellence, meets high standards, and aims for zero punch list.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude to be detail-oriented yet flexible in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and simultaneous deadlines.
- A team player – possesses excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position. A competitive salary will be offered that is commensurate with the Ideal Candidate’s experience. Benefits package includes Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k), and paid holidays/vacation.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org