The individual in this role must always exercise sound judgment and exhibit an unwavering attention to detail/accuracy, with an enthusiasm and a focus on the accounting activities. The Project Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller.
• Review and process subcontractor monthly pay applications and ensure all supporting attachments are included and accurate. Follow up with subcontractors to obtain any missing documents so subcontractors are paid on time.
• Obtain proper approvals for Subcontractor billings/invoices.
• Input approved Subcontractor billings/invoices and process payments bi-monthly.
• Review and process Job invoices by obtaining proper approvals for Job invoices.
• Input Job invoices and process payments bi-monthly.
• Maintain excellent vendor/subcontractor relations.
• Collaborate with project management team to process monthly billings to owners/clients. Prepare client invoice package, including all applicable backup, for approval by the Assistant Controller.
• Create, post and maintain monthly AIA billings.
• Following up on all paperwork, affidavits, general release, changes orders, certified payroll, minority Sub reporting, if required.
• Collection call on outstanding receivables.
• Diligently report and track pending change orders.
• Track Subcontractor Lien Release.
• Respond to Preliminary Notice information requests.
• Track Preliminary Notices from Subcontractor, Sub-Tier and Supplier/Vendor.
• Prepare and post monthly job cost allocations, as necessary.
• Maintain Project filing system according to company guidelines.
• Assist Assistant Controller with other support functions, as requested.
Minimum Associate’s degree in Accounting from two-year college or technical school OR 5+ years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience;
Strong mathematical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
Anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis;
Aptitude to be detail-oriented, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with changing priorities;
Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with the departments;
Demonstrate a strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty and integrity;
Highly skilled with MS Office software, particularly Excel, and knowledge of Sage required; and
Prior work experience in a privately-held company will prove beneficial, but not necessary.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position. Benefits package includes Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) with match and paid holidays/time off.
Apply by sending resume to email@example.com.