This position is accountable for monitoring the progress of assigned construction projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to clients and payments are collected. The Project Accountant reports to the Controller.
- Enter Project/Job budgets into Sage;
- Enter and code job-specific invoices in the system once approved by Director or Project Manager;
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders;
- Monitor charges applied to a project;
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses;
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to Project Director;
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings and/or remaining funding available for projects;
- Create all project-related billings to clients;
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients;
- Respond to requests for more detail from clients and/or Novak management;
- Close out project accounts upon project completion;
- Collect and review waivers, ensuring proper supporting documentation from Subcontractors;
- Prepare and submit all Job billing;
- Arrange for Subcontractors to receive their checks;
- Prepare and maintain Sworn Statements;
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required when requested;
- Perform special projects or provide reports, as requested by Project Directors;
- Interface with internal team members, as necessary; and,
- Act in accordance with all Company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Accounting from two-year college or technical school OR 5+ years related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong mathematical, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis;
- Aptitude to be detail-oriented, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with changing priorities;
- Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with the departments;
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty and integrity;
- Highly skilled with MS Office software, particularly Excel, and knowledge of Sage/Timberline strongly preferred; and
- Prior work experience in a privately-held company will prove beneficial, but not necessary.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position and a competitive salary will be offered. Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) with generous match, and paid holidays/time off comprise the basic benefits package.
Application: For immediate consideration, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.