The Tenant Interiors (TI) Superintendent will take charge to ensure that the work is performed in a safe, organized and high-quality manner. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Novak Interiors, LLC.
The TI Superintendent will be responsible for supervising and directing activities of construction craftsmen within the scope of the trades onsite.
- Using the contract scope of work, direct subcontractor activities;
- Analyze manpower and material equipment requirements, and coordinates and fulfills these;
- Manage the activities of the subcontractors, vendors and labor, maintaining strict control over the accuracy and quality for each work activity. Plan look-ahead schedules and maintain project schedule controls.
- Identify and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Executive. Document onsite activities that may impede progress or compliance to the project
- Assist reviewing change orders prior to execution with Project Executive. Maintain strict control over the budget for each work activity. Coordinate inventory of all Owner-supplied materials.
- Maintain open communication and goodwill with the Owner’s representative, architect, engineering team and client by coordinating pertinent work activities, attending project progress/scheduling meetings and by understanding the client’s expectations.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports, as required, and keep team informed on progress of overall assigned activities;
- Ensure safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by the Subs/trades under him/her.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction experience as a Superintendent for tenant interiors projects within a broad range of commercial building markets.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects, if needed.
- A B.S. in Construction Management, Civil engineering or Architecture preferred.
- Capable of maintaining and following a Critical Path project schedule.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, Primavera/Expedition and BlueBeam software; PlanGrid or Procore desirable, but not required.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to maintain current, complete set of project documents, blueprints, revisions, specifications and related items.
- Self-starter who strives for excellence, meets high standards and aims for zero punch list.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude to be detail-oriented, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and simultaneous deadlines.
- A team player – possesses excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position. A competitive salary will be offered that is commensurate with the Ideal Candidate’s experience, in addition to a project-based bonus and a gas allowance. Benefits package includes Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) that matches half up to 12% and paid holidays/vacation.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, submit resume to email@example.com.