The Project Engineer will support the Project Team (project director, project manager and superintendents). He/she will perform routine, daily activities that include (but are not limited) to:
- As directed, participating in bidding by contacting Subcontractor base, preparing contract documents, assisting with submittals and, ultimately, project close-out;
- Performing field tasks as requested by Superintendent or Project Manager;
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing RFIs;
- Maintaining supply/materials procurement log and job files;
- Collecting Subcontractor daily reports;
- Learning and maintaining a thorough understanding of all contract and subcontract documents;
- Attending and preparing Meeting Minutes for all job meetings;
- Taking weekly project photos;
- Inspecting/verifying materials delivery;
- Maintaining punch list with Superintendent(s);
- Ensuring Company procedures and standards are maintained; and,
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
The Project Engineer reports to the Project Director.
- S. in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture, or equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience within the construction industry required.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (MS Project desirable), Sage Project and Contract Management modules and BlueBeam.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with clients, owners, project professionals, and field and office staff.
- Aptitude to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude to be detail-oriented, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and simultaneous deadlines.
- A team player – possesses excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues;
- Strong work ethic.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and full benefits program: Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) and paid holidays/time off.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Novak Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, gender association, religion or disability.