As one of the Top 20 commercial general contractors in Chicago, Novak Construction Company is seeking an experienced, well-connected and respected business development professional to continue to grow its clientele and brand identification in the Interiors Division. Perseverance, communication and relationship building are vital, along with multi-tasking, as multiple opportunities need to be cultivated simultaneously. The business development professional will report to the leadership of the corporate Interiors Division.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Continually identifies, builds and develops new client business within the interiors market by pursuing business opportunities with strategic targets, and cultivates relationships with existing
- Delivers compelling calls and presentations to introduce Novak’s capabilities and value proposition to potential clients.
- Identifies and evaluates new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking and participating with various industry and professional groups and networking
- Oversees aspects of the sales process within the interiors market, including development of opportunity-specific sales strategy and “quarterbacking” key aspects of the sales process until the construction project is awarded.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team:
- Defines, tests, refines and implements strategic plans to successfully achieve opportunities within the vertical market These activities include directing primary research, industry, market and competitive analyses and customer needs assessments.
- Ensures strategic objectives of the vertical market segment are communicated to the
- Works with lead marketing resource to create effective business development/PR strategies to win in the marketplace, including market segmentation, value proposition development, technology positioning, branding strategy, channel strategy and communications strategy.
- Provides client-specific opportunity assessment, market evaluation, market research, financial evaluation, and other marketing needs required throughout the proposal preparation and delivery process.
- Incorporates customer needs and input/feedback from both internal and external
- Works closely with Novak’s Project Directors and Estimating Team throughout the
- Manages resources within budgetary guidelines according to company
- Demonstrates positively Novak’s mission, vision, value statements, reputation, code of ethics, standards, policies and procedures internally and throughout the
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or related discipline
- 5-10 years of substantial and broad business experience in business development and/or account management with at least 3-5 years of demonstrated success in selling and developing new business with revenues ranging from $100K- $5+MM
- Significant account management within a construction firm highly
- Demonstrated network of COI’s (Centers of Influence) to include developers, owners, owners’ representatives, brokers, architects, engineers and other professional services relationships that could be leveraged to create business
- Subject matter expert in corporate interiors construction.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully expand new business and grow existing business within a vertical
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever-changing
- Exhibit strong business acumen, skills and maturity, as well the ability to work effectively with
- Highly developed organizational, planning, time management and written/oral communications
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, civic and/or trade association
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position and a very competitive salary and incentive package. Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401(k) with 12% match and paid holidays/time off comprise the generous benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org